The DITAS framework can be divided into two logical groups, the one that encompasses the DITAS SDK Components, and the one that manages the DITAS Execution Environment components. More details about the software components can be found in the Software Components section.
DITAS SDK architecture
- Data Utility Refinement – Evaluates the relevance of the data utility dimensions
- Data Utility Resolution Engine – Ranks the abstract VDCs in the BP repository according to their fitness to the application.
- Data Utility Evaluator – Evaluates the data utility related to a data set.
- Privacy Security Evaluator – Filter and ranks blueprints according to non-functional security requirements by application developer requests
- VDC Repository Engine & Resolution Engine – Stores all the blueprints and selects the best one based on the requirements given by the application developer.
- Deployment Engine – Deploys when selected the final DITAS blueprint
DITAS Execution Environment architecture
- Request Monitor – Monitors incoming requests to the VDC
- Common Accessible Framework (CAF) – Abstracts access to the different data sources,
- Throughput Agent – Monitors the performance against the data source
- Logging Agent – Monitors the logs of different DITAS components.
- SLA Manager – Checks that the agreement with the application developer it is going to meet or to raise an alarm.
- Policy Enforcement Engine – Acts as a proxy before executing the query over the data. It rewrites the query so that it accesses only data compliant with privacy policies
- Decision System 4 Data Movement – Enables the movement of data or computation resources inside a VDC
- Data Movement Enactor – Enables actions of data movement inside a VDC to fulfill the user requirements.
- Computation Movement Enactor – Enables actions of computation movement inside a VDC to achieve the user requirements
- Data Analytics – Analysis of the monitoring data for the data administrator to get insights about their own data sources.
- Log analysis service – Log analysis for the data administrator to get insights about their own data sources